RRXC RAVE RACE REPORT: 2017 Marcus Invitational
Saturday morning, the Varsity Boys Cross Country teams achieved some fantastic race times and came away with great success. Below are individual notes for each of them.
Boys Elite Varsity – 15th of 41 teams
- Kobe Yepez ran to an all time personal best with an 8th overall finish with a time of 15:50. He sprinted from the gun evidenced by a slowest mile of just 5:05.
- Andrew Fanous was next finishing with a 16:50. His previous PR was 17:07.
- Jacob Reynolds crossed in 17:08, beating last years Marcus time of 17:23.
- Hayden Gray set a huge PR trailing Reynolds with a 17:15… His prior PR was 18:19 set at McNeil in 2016.
- Zach Driscoll set his fastest time this season with a 17:16 to match his PR set at Belton in 2016.
- Tyler Duke ran 17:16 besting his former PR by 20 seconds which he set at McNeil in 2016.
- Andrew Neidig set a solid PR breaking the line with a time of just 17:54, his former PR was 18:22 set at McNeil in 2016.
Boys Open Varsity -10th out of 40 teams
- Erin Brophy led our Open Varsity team to 10th overall, came in at 17:48, a new PR 32 seconds faster than his former set at Vista Ridge.
- Robert Graves proved swimmers can run and sprinted in just behind Brophy at 17:49, a new PR chopping over 10 seconds from his former set at McNeil in 2016.
- Carl Shaulis impressed as well, setting a new PR of 17:57, 25 seconds below his former PR set at McNeil in 2016
- Ruben Estrada PR’d too, crossing in 18:11, beating his former PR set at McNeil in 2016
- Christopher Tan crushed his PR by 37 seconds with a finish of 18:12.
- Dominic Vargas followed Tan and dropped 17 seconds from his last race at Vista Ridge
- Blake Belisle bested his former PR by 37 seconds with an 18:41, 19:13 was last years PR from McNeil Invite
Be sure to congratulate these Dragons!